Do you feel like you're always doing the same thing when it comes to marketing your real estate business? Are you looking for new and innovative ways to stand out from the competition? If so, you're in luck! In this blog post, we'll share some tips on how to create a unique marketing plan that will help you stand out from the rest. So what are you waiting for? Let's get started!
What makes a marketing plan unique?
No two businesses are alike, which means no two marketing plans will be either. Even if you're working with a pre-made template, it's important to customize it to fit your brand and customer base. What works for one agent might not work for another, so it's crucial to tailor your marketing efforts accordingly. There are a lot of different factors that go into making a marketing plan unique, so let's take a look at some of the most important ones.
- Home buyers and sellers appreciate your knowledge of the market, knowledge of local market stats, and personal interests.
- Personality is key in building lasting relationships with clients.
- Customer base will continue to grow through referrals if you remain in contact.
- Communication is always important in the real estate industry. Social media and other digital forms of communication are becoming increasingly important.
- Creativity and originality will help you stand out from other agents in your area.
- Supporting the growth of other local businesses can attribute to organic reach.
How do you come up with creative ideas for your marketing campaigns?
- Research! Current trends, new ideas, and online education are readily available for you to take advantage of. When is the last time you just sat down on some things you like about other marketing you have seen, regardless of industry. What are they doing successfully? Is there a common theme in the things you are drawn too.
- Talk it out. Brainstorm sessions with the various staff members of DDH never cost you a dime. Whether you walk away with the work load or we do, we are here to talk it out with you.
- Make a mood board. Gather a collection of things you like to see and put them all in one place. This will help you recognize emerging trends. Are you drawn toward a specific color scheme, type of marketing, or messages that you are drawn too. Very often your clients will follow suit in
Common mistakes to avoid when creating a marketing plan:
- Lack of communication or planning to be able to meet production deadlines
- Lack of focus on goals or intention behind campaign and materials
- Blowing the budget! Put your money behind the things that matter like design and content rather than on fancy paper and luxury finishes
- Will it fridge? If you don't find a piece of information useful, you would not keep it. Expecting clients to have a long lasting impression from materials that do not hold resourceful information takes away from your overall budget and goals.
How can you keep your marketing plans fresh and relevant over time ?
- Out with the old and in with the new! Just as our clothes, decor, and styles change over time so does marketing. Periodically reviewing your plan and collateral to ensure statistics and information is up to date is key. Redesigning materials every few years and not just updating information is also recommended to keep you top of mind!
A marketing plan is only as effective as the ideas it contains, and coming up with fresh, new ideas can be a challenge. That’s why it’s important to avoid common mistakes when creating your plans and to have a brainstorming session at least once a year to come up with new ideas. If you need help getting started, our team of experts are more than happy to assist you. So what are you waiting for? Schedule your brainstorm today!